Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Flour Power!!!

So, I surf Pinterest on occassion and recently I came across a crafty idea for my girls called Cloud Dough/Moon Sand. Anyone that has spent hours at the Children's Museum with their little ones is familiar with the Moon Sand, which is soft and moldable. The recipe is so simple and inexpensive, you will wonder why you haven't made it sooner. The recipe simple calls for 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of Baby Oil. Who doesn't have any of those items sitting in a closet at this very moment?!


Well, I wiped up a batch for my girls in about 5 minutes! I put the cloud sand in a huge rubbermaid container and I threw in some cookie cutters and tiny cups... Voila'! That is the best boredom killer on a dreary Atlanta day! Two hours, yes, two hours of uninterrupted play time!!!!  Now, I will say that there was a bit of a mess after play but that is nothing that can't be solved with a vacuum (for the floor) and soap & water (for little hands). Wipe up a batch and see for yourself...


Ciao,

No comments:

Post a Comment