Friday, October 14, 2011

Oprah's Lifeclass

I knew she couldn't stay away too long!! Thank goodness. Oprah is back but this time on OWN. So I stumbled across her show and I wasn't dissapointed. The topic today was Ego vs. True self, as she referenced the Ekhart Tolle's book, A New Earth. I am definitely guilty of this at times. The quote that I liked the most was,"Don't wait until you are on your deathbed to acknowledge that no "thing" (material or otherwise) should define who you are and your worth." This is hard considering the world we live in is based on what you do for a living, what kind of car you drive, where you live and the square footage of your home. What is someone suppose to do if that house burns to the ground?!? If I had to measure myself on those standards, I would most definitely be OUT OF LUCK!
So for this week, I will have to constantly ask myself why am I upset and who is responsible for those feelings, my ego or true self? I also learned during this premiere episode that my ego produces my fears. That's pretty deep because more often than not, we associate ego with pompous or selfish behavior. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment